Location - Wingland Foods (Sutton Bridge)
Shift Time : 3 options 6am-2pm or 8am-4pm or 4am till 12pm
Shift Pattern : 5 days from 7, including working some weekends
Pay : £8.50- £9.50 per hour
Full Time Permanent roles from day one
We will reward you with career progression, great benefits such as subsidized staff shop, holiday allowance, pension and many more.
Bakkavor is the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, which is one of the most advanced, innovative and dynamic food markets in the world, we are looking for Machine Operatives to join us at Wingland Foods (Located in Sutton Bridge)
We supply over 2,000 products to the UK’s major grocery retailers, and have a growing international presence in the US and China.
We employ 19,000 people from 37 locations.
Our Bakkavor site specialises the manufacturing of Salads, dressings and deli. We are looking for individuals who relish the opportunity to work as part of a team in a factory environment. Due to the fresh nature of the products we make our factories are temperature controlled to meet food safety standards. We therefore ensure you have all the relevant clothing and personal protective equipment to carry out your job safely.
Following appropriate training, you will undertake basic duties, correctly, safely and efficiently to the required quality standards. Some duties of the role may include:
- Machining / setting up machines / operating machines
- Moving products through a spray loop
- Disposing waste
- Always ensuring these duties are completed in line with Company policies including but not, limited to, PPE, Food Safety, Health and Safety, ‘clean as you go’ and ‘Good Manufacturing Practices’ (GMP).
- Be able to carry out Machine Operative accountabilities.
- Responsible for operating manual handling equipment.
- Responsible for carrying out area/equipment checks in line with requirements.
- Responsible for picking, palletising and wrapping orders.
- Responsible for completing data input and paperwork for goods inbound and outbound.
- Responsible for loading and unloading vehicle in adherence to plan.
- What we are looking for?
- We require all applicants to have a basic understanding of English Literacy and Numeracy
- Previous experience is not essential but we ask you to have a keen attitude and are willing to learn
- A can do attitude is a must
- Self-motivated and flexible
- Will be able to follow the required quality and hygiene standards