Technical Services Manager – Spalding Distribution Centre
£36,000 - £38,000 + Bonus – Mon – Fri : 08.30 – 17.00
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Working at the Spalding site within the Distribution Centre we are looking for candidates to manage the Technical Services function for the Distribution Centre ensuring expertise and support to ensure that the correct standards of food safety, quality and safety are maintained.
You will have proven experience in implementing and maintaining robust Quality Systems to meet BRC Storage & Distribution and Customer compliance. This is a great opportunity for someone to come in and own the Technical agenda for the busy Distribution Centre.
- Minimum Standards - Understand and apply relevant standards and codes of practice so that Customer, Bakkavor and Legal requirements are achieved and maintained.
- HACCP System - To ensure that there is a systematic, comprehensive system that is implemented and maintained. It is reviewed and updated annually and / or in line with changes to process, equipment or product. Involvement in the evaluation of risks prior to the introduction of and establishment of controls of a new process, product or raw material
- Management Systems – Understands, implements and reviews quality management systems associated with the storage & distribution of food and H&S to the agreed safety and quality standards. Provides practical support and drive to promote a Quality Assurance culture.
- Internal audit – implement, maintain and review an audit system to ensure that procedures for safety, legality are in place and complied with. In addition review all internal findings, identify trends and implement appropriate preventative measures.
- People - Manage and organise the allocation of workload within the Technical Services, H&S team. Lead, motivate and inspire other members of the team in line with Bakkavor Values to achieve personal development, continuous improvement and ensuring there is a safe working environment.
- KPIs - Generate technical, Health & Safety KPI information, communicate, trend and highlight issues. Develop and agree action plans to drive improvement.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in a Quality / Technical role in FMCG
- Ability to build long and lasting relationship with both internal & external stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Strong organisation skills and ability to achieve results through people
- Ability to be adaptable and work under pressure
- Relevant Food & HACCP Qualifications
- Experience in Auditing
- BRC Storage & Distribution experience desirable
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Scheme
- No Weekend working
- 25 days holiday
- Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
- Group Pension (including employer contributions)
- First class training, fast moving environment & excellent prospects