Internal Communications Manager – London
Up to £60,000 + Bonus, Car/Allowance + Private Healthcare
Fresh Food. Fresh Thinking. Fresh Communications.
Bakkavor Group plc is the leading provider of fresh prepared food in the UK, with a growing international presence in the US and China. The Group is the number one producer by market share in the UK fresh prepared meals, salads, desserts and pizza & bread categories, fulfilling growing consumer demand for high-quality, fresh, healthy and convenient food. UK customers include Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s and Waitrose and International customers include KFC, Costa, Pret, Starbucks and McDonalds.
Bakkavor was founded in 1986 and has its headquarters in London. The Group has 19,000 employees and operates 26 factories in the UK, 4 in the US and 8 in China.
Working as part of the Group Communications Team and reporting to the Head of Corporate Affairs, this role is responsible for defining and leading the internal communication and editorial strategy. You will actively source, write and edit daily content for publication, ensuring positive endorsement for Bakkavor and its diverse stakeholders.
You will be resourceful, self-motivated, efficient and dynamic, with previous experience in journalism or internal communications. You will provide compelling communications to all employees, supporting the vision, values and strategic direction of the Group, which fosters a more inclusive, engaged and motivated workforce.
This is a brand new opportunity that will give you the scope to really influence Bakkavor’s internal communications agenda, bringing enthusiasm and fresh ideas to the table, to significantly improve the quality, consistency and style of internal communications.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Outstanding communication skills with a genuine passion for writing effective and strategic copy
- 6 years’ experience in internal communications or an internal editorial role
- Exposure to communication across social media, newsletters, press releases, presentations & corporate reports
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders (investors, employees, senior management)
- Extensive practical experience of driving engagement across a diverse & global workforce
- Experience of content management on an intranet platform
- Resilient with the ability to work at pace
- Ability to work under pressure and to stretching time deadlines
- Competitive salary
- Company Car / Car allowance
- Private fuel
- Bonus scheme up to 20%
- Private healthcare (Including family)
- 25 days holiday
- Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
- Group pension (including employer contributions)
- First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects