Here at Bakkavor we believe our people make more of a difference than anything else. We recognise that the key to our success is our people. In order for us to deliver the first-class service to our customers, maintain a strong position in the market and continue to grow, we need to recruit and develop the right people.
There are many reasons why people want to join us: first-class training, a fast-moving environment and excellent prospects.
To lead and motivate the QA team in monitoring and evaluating raw material, product and processing systems in-conjunction with factory practices to ensure agreed standards of quality and food safety are achieved and improved upon
To audit, monitor and evaluate quality systems and procedures and provide technical support for the operational teams, whilst maintaining and promoting technical and quality standards in line with business needs and customer requirements.
This role works Sunday to Thursday dayshift 8:00 – 16:30 (1 out of 4 backshift Sun/Mon days and Tues-Thurs 13:45 – 22:00)
QA Lead Auditor responsibilities;
- To understand and apply the business Quality Standards ensuring company, customer and legislative requirements are met and maintained by setting standards and monitoring good manufacturing practices, applying HACCP principles and preventing reoccurrence of non-conformance against these standards
- To audit compliance against Quality Management Systems and GMP, raising all non-conformances against relevant standards with objective evidence enabling the operational teams to take the appropriate and necessary corrective action, to follow up and monitor completion of actions
- To ensure all product testing, organoleptic, micro and chemical, is carried out according to the agreed schedule and in line with customer codes of practice.
- To complete micro testing against specific schedules or requests and assist the QA Manager to carry out full investigations including traceability for all out of specs results and customer complaints
- To support the Factory teams by providing technical support and advice, seeking guidance from the QA Manager on any technical issues e.g. CCP and pre requisite management, calibration of measuring equipment, labelling, raw materials, and traceability. To work with the production teams on continuous improvement of technical control
- To support NPD trials and product launches, managing micro testing and product life assessment to ensure product is manufactured to correct standard
- With guidance from Line Manager, coordinate day to day activities to deliver improvement of Technical KPIs
- To operate in a safe working manner and support the site/business on continuous improvement relating to health, safety and the environment. To have an active role in health and safety within the department; taking part in health and safety audits.
- To have the ability to identify potential in individuals and the business. Manages individual and team performance ensuring individuals are appropriately challenged and that underperformance is effectively dealt with to meet business goals. To ensure team development goals are met and support individual’s development through the business.
In return you will receive salary £17,000 - 19,000 dependent upon experience plus benefits