This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a £multi million leading FMCG and food business, brand leaders in their market they are focused on quality and delivery of product and have built their ongoing success on their exceptional innovation and service levels to their customers.
Further expansion sees continued investment in their state of the art manufacturing site and therefore we are seeking a GM / Site Director who can take responsibility for making the site truly ‘world class’ in terms of its operational excellence. The Role:
- Assume full responsibility for the site and ensure the delivery of the overall site strategic plan.
- Manage the production, warehousing and transport activities ensuring the manufacturing site consistently meets the requirements of the business in terms of service levels to the customer.
- Uphold exceptional technical standards with regards to food safety
- Manage, motivate, develop and coordinate the activities of the team through effective leadership and open communication to develop a multifunctional team across the site.
- Management and authorisation of expenditure against the budget for Production, Warehouse and Transport functions ensuring optimal utilisation of costs.
- Lead, motivate and mentor teams to ensure both the site and individuals reach their performance goals
- Develop a site manufacturing strategy, including training of workforce to meet production demand and profit needs. Strong focus on GMP.
- Previous experience as a GM or site director you will have worked within a highly automated food manufacturing environment and although product experience is not essential a background in a high volume short shelf life sector would be of interest.
- Previous experience of managing transport and warehouse operations would be an advantage.
- Proven change management experience through delivering performance improvement programmes.
- Of graduate calibre with exceptional senior management experience
- Strong analytical, organisational and decision making skills
- An empowering management style with solid leadership skills focusing on coaching and mentoring
- Passionate about quality and able to demonstrate the ability to drive a team to achieve high standards and excellent levels of customer service