Production Support Manager
Are you an enthusiastic and dynamic individual with good communication and people management skills? Are you excited by working in a fast paced food manufacturing environment where no two days are the same? Then you could be just who we are looking for!
We want our people to love being part of the team, creating an environment where development, challenge and engagement with the business and our customers businesses are core to our strategy; therefore we need some special people to help make it all happen.
The purpose of the role is:
To support production operations in delivering against their objectives by harnessing and focusing the strength of our greatest asset; our people. Working towards a one team, integrated culture between agency and permanent employees.
Support shift management teams with ensuring the overall performance of colleagues against line standards through delivery of training and execution of performance management techniques.
Continuously look to develop and improve key work processes and develop better, faster, more efficient ways of doing things and encourage colleagues to do the same.
Main responsibilities include:
- Labour agency order reconciliation; match order versus actual by line and agency and escalate issues or gaps
- Labour and line standards compliance; review two hourly line manning standards and team performance
- Line/Shift placement/balancing; create shift manning plans and communicate and distribute shift manning plan for next shift(s)
- Operative training; ensure operatives are trained to the required standard and that all training is recorded against the training matrix. This could be through direct training provision or arranging for the relevant training to take place with the subject matter experts/trainers
- Performance target communication; ensure all colleagues are clear on performance targets by line
- Performance review and record keeping; record performance insights against manning plan
- HR administration; RTW/Holiday Planning/TMS completion, key liaison for holiday planning and HR procedural compliance
- Timesheet authorisation; check and support accurate sign off against all agency timesheets and TMS
- Skills Matrix; work with training team and shift management to ensure shift skills matrix is updated in real time and gaps identified and addressed
- Labour bookings; liaise with shift planning to ensure adequate labour provision to budget standard
- Health & Safety administration; review start-up checks and accident investigations
What we are looking for:
- An enthusiastic individual with people management experience
- Food manufacturing experience is highly desirable
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate teams of individuals
- Training experience is highly desirable
Hours of Work:
Average of 40 hours per week; flexibility to work across different shift patterns which will be defined on a weekly basis in advance will initially be required. However, the shift pattern will become fixed once the role has been embedded successfully.
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation where you will be given the opportunity to really make a difference.