My client, part of a major food manufacturing group, is currently looking to appoint an experienced Technical Manager. This role will lead to the Head of Technical role in future.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, the role is responsible for ensuring the technical integrity of the company by providing advice and support across the business unit as the Technical Manager.
Duties will include:
- Running the day to day operation of the technical department with assistance from the Compliance Manager.
- Leading, reviewing and managing the site Quality Management System.
- Providing support and guidance to other departmental areas where necessary.
- To write and review all technical policy guidelines and approve all amendments to the quality management system and checking that all manuals located throughout the company are correctly maintained.
- Management of the Raw Materials Technologist.
- To ensure that the supplier assurance system is carried out in line with the expected / required standards.
- Manage the onsite HACCP as HACCP team leader.
- To drive excellent factory standards throughout the business, through GMP and audit
- Deputise for Head of Technical
Applicants should have proven experience from a Technical Manager position in the food industry, and ideally be degree qualified in a science related discipline.
It is essential that you are able to lead an Audit and be used to dealing with retail and food service customers.
Excellent opportunity for the right candidate
Indicative Salary Range: £42000 - 50000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.