Shop Maintenance Engineer
Location: Essex East London, GB, IG11 8EJ
Company: Greggs Plc
Full Time, Permanent
Join the Family
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,800 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs we have big plans for the future and big opportunities available today. Our people are what makes our business successful and we believe in growing together – as a united team.
At Greggs we aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Up to £35,723 per annum dependent upon skills and qualifications
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
45 hours per week, working 5 out of 7 days on a rota basis (including weekends and Bank holidays)
Reporting to the Area Maintenance Manager, you will be responsible for carrying out preventative, routine and emergency maintenance work on equipment and the building fabric within our shops, this includes a range of Catering Equipment/Refrigeration units across a number of shops in Essex and East London.
- Ensuring all on-site mechanical and electrical equipment is working as effectively and efficiently as possible
- Carrying out regular and varied maintenance work, day-to-day repair of shop equipment, fixtures and fittings including on occasion electrical repairs and modifications
The ideal candidate should;
- have previous experience on catering/refrigeration equipment with an electrical bias
- ideally be an Apprentice Trained Electrician or qualified to a minimum of C&G 2365 with a practical electrical background or NVQ supporting qualification
- be multi skilled in other building trades and able to work unsupervised and be adaptable to take on any tasks relevant to the maintenance of a shop environment
- have good organisational skills along with the ability to communicate at all levels
- excellent attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task and carry out a varied workload in all trades, on both equipment and property.
- be computer/PDA literate in Microsoft Excel and Word
A full UK driving Licence is essential
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 21 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will receive free life assurance after 1 year’s continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to one year’s salary
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
Other benefits include
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Healthcare Plans
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can made your application as quick and as smooth as possible.