Multi-skilled Maintenance Technician
Location: Enfield London Greater London, GB, EN3 7PL
Company: Greggs Plc
Join the family
Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong heritage. With over 1,900 shops, and 22,000 employees serving millions of customers each week, we are the UK’s leading bakery food-on-the-go retailer. We’ve been busy improving our shops and adding to our great range of fresh food-on-the-go, so we’re tastier than ever!
At Greggs we have big plans for the future and big opportunities available today. Our people are what makes our business successful and we believe in growing together – as a united team. At Greggs we aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
£32,134 per annum
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
Permanent, Full Time, Monday to Friday
To safely maintain and improve the performance of production facilities, equipment and services, economically, by delivering maintenance excellence through planned preventive maintenance, breakdown repairs, continuous improvement activity and good record keeping.
Working collaboratively within a team in a professional and efficient manner, including their Engineering Manager, Maintenance Manager/Supervisor, Team Members and other departments.
- Basic IT literacy (basic use of a PC, navigate to files using Windows Explorer, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Internet Explorer)
Exposure to an FMCG or manufacturing environment
Minimum of 5 years experience operating in a fast paced, high pressure reactive environment
Suitable indentured apprenticeship and/or trade qualifications (BTEC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent), ideally multi-skilled in nature or multiskilling developed through continued workplace learning & development
- Exposure to/use of CMMS
- Exposure to Lean Manufacturing &/or TPM principles
- Multi-skilled (electrical and mechanical) maintenance NVQ level 3 or higher
- Outstanding candidate would possess HNC in suitable discipline
• 50% off Greggs food with our generous Greggs Employee Staff Discount Team
• Free coffees and tea while at work
• 21 days holiday a year plus bank holidays. This increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
• After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme where the company distributes 10% of its profits and allows you to share in the success of the business
• You will receive free life assurance after 1-year continuous service. This is a death in service benefit which provides a lump sum payment equal to one years’ salary
• You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
• Other benefits include: Access to a range of discounts from insurance, to mobile phone providers, to holiday home plus plenty more!
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.