Are you and science led, results driven experienced analytical chemist? Do you have a good basis in method development of analytical platforms such as GC-MS or GC? This role is a great opportunity to join my client as they expand their laboratory team due to a really impressive period of business growth. Working on behalf of a variety of pharmaceutical and healthcare companies providing them with support or their research and innovation. Duties include:
- Assist with technical aspects for client proposals for method development, transfers and validation protocols.
- Provide training and supervise junior staff
- Independently perform a range of routine and investigative analysis using GC-MS and provide interpretation of results
- Provide technical direction within own area of expertise within the team whilst independently performing a range of GMP analyses by GC including method development and validation
- Independently perform a range of analyses using wet chemistry techniques
- Checking data and provide interpretation of results for routine testing.
- Generate certificate of analysis or external interpretive reports.
- Take responsibility for elements of specific projects of general laboratory/sample administration
- Provide high quality customer service at all times
- Enthusiasm for science
- Degree/PhD qualified with experience in a chemistry, pharmacy or science discipline.
- Extensive knowledge / experience working within an laboratory, ideally within a contract research organisation or pharmaceutical environment.
- Extensive experience/ knowledge of Wet chemistry including titration, GC and GC-MS
- Self-motivated, organised, honest, hardworking and able to work efficiently in a team, enthusiastic and quick to learn,
- Able to work with different stakeholders and to act as a mentor to the junior scientific team
- Experience of method development
My client offers a highly competitive salary and benefits package. There are opportunities for further development and career progression within this rapidly growing company.