REED Scientific are looking for a Flavourist to work alongside our clients current creative team. We are looking for a person with knowledge and history within the Flavour Industry, who is looking for a new challenge to further their career.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may also be assigned.
* Creation and matching of flavours mainly for the UK market with some knowledge of other markets an advantage.
* Assessment of raw materials both new to the division and new batches for production.
* Creation of paperwork to accompany the newly developed flavours - MSDS's and Specifications.
* Ability to develop flavours in both liquid and powder formats, also knowledge of spray drying a bonus.
* Provide technical advice to the sales team on products currently in development with our customer base.
* Provide technical advice to the commercial team on the scale up of flavours from lab to production.
* Conduct and participate in sensory evaluation sessions to establish the closeness of a match and establish that both raw material and finished product comply with sensory standards.
* Develop a good knowledge of the flavour library to avoid duplication of profiles of a flavour and ensure the correct product is sent to the customer.
* Knowledge of GCMS and HPLC an advantage.
* Provide technical advice to customers directly relating to the use of flavours, their legislative status etc.
To be considered for the role you will have achieved a degree or equivalent in Chemistry or related Food Science subject area.
The ideal candidate will have industry experience as a Flavourist
Ability to test flavours in a wide variety of applications.
Understanding of the product development process.
To be able to present your work in a presentation format to customers when accompanying sales representatives in a customer facing role.