Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its four manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a Site Accountant to be based in our Manufacturing site in Milton Keynes.
As a Site Accountant you will be responsible for managing the financial reporting and analysis for the site and business partner the Site General Manager and his team.
- Prepare and analyse weekly material usage and labour performance for the site and make recommendations for improvements
- Review and analyse daily material usage and labour performance for the site and make recommendations for improvements
- Prepare month-end results and analyse performance versus budget
- Lead reviews of overhead with site management to ensure accountability is in place
- Ownership of the financial control processes on site and ensure adherence to these processes by the site team
- Ownership of the site balance sheet accounts and preparation of monthly reconciliations
- Lead the budgeting and forecasting processes for the site and assist the Site Manager in building, reviewing, analysing and approving the site budgets and forecasts
- Manage, develop and coach one direct report
This role is a full-time, working 40 hours per week. The shift pattern is Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5pm however some flexibility would be required during peak periods.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably FMCG;
- Newly qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA);
- Very good understanding of all elements of financials in the operation (manufacturing) part of the business (desireable)
- Strong financial accounting and analysis skills;
- Very good understanding of financial systems and controls;
- Experience providing financial support to senior management;
- Experience reporting into a group structure
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £45,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.