Process Development Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary: up to £45,000 per annum
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its five manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a Process Development Manager to be based in our manufacturing site in Milton Keynes.
As a Process Development Manager at Adelie foods, you will work directly with the New Product Development, Engineering, Operations and Commercial teams to contribute to the creation of new products for a variety of well know retailers, high street coffee shop brands and major food service providers. This includes being part of the creative process to drive a portfolio of innovative and exciting concepts through scale-up into successful, repeatable quality products through production trials and ingredient reviews and working directly with customer teams to gain approval for launch. In addition, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and profitability of the business by providing specialist support to the site GM and wider Process team to deliver process efficiency & margin improvement projects.
As an experienced Process Development Manager, you will use your skills to lead the Process Development function on site, developing an engaged and high performing team. Fostering a culture of delivery and a focus on collaboration and team work, your team will ensure customers requirements are met and trusting relationships are built through on time delivery of quality solutions
- Lead, coach and develop the Process Development function on site
- Allocate activities effectively across the Process Development team
- Drive products through the launch process, converting innovative kitchen concepts into workable, manageable operational solutions which meet the expectations of the customer, the brief and the business
- To drive margin and product improvement through a scheduled and agreed programme of value engineering / product and process improvements
- Build strong relationships with new and existing customer and suppliers, attending meetings and becoming the trusted first communication point on all relevant projects
- Become the guardian of all things Operational and Technical within the concept to launch process
- To work as an integral member of the site leadership team
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week. The working days would be Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm however there might be the occasional travel to other sites and to visit suppliers.
The ideal candidate
- Experience within a food manufacturing environment essential
- Able to effectively plan & evaluate product trials and launches
- Attention to detail – documenting data from trials, test product & samples
- Testing factory equipment and carrying out pre-production preparation
- Excellent communication skills
In return for your time & hard work
- Salary, up to £45,000 per annum
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free parking on site
- Free sandwiches
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.