QA Manager - Night Shift
Salary: up to £38,000 per annum
Adelie Foods is the UK’s leading Food to Go business, supplying the UK retail and foodservice sectors with an unrivalled portfolio of consumer insight-led chilled food product. From its five manufacturing locations and seven distribution centres across the country, Adelie supplies a diverse range of retail and foodservice customers with over 3,000,000 fresh sandwiches and 250,000 salad packs every single week.
We are currently recruiting for a QA Manager to be based in our manufacturing site in Southall.
As a QA Manager, you will be providing competent and efficient technical support and service to both internal teams and external customers to ensure that the product and service provided is fit for purpose and meets both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and customer expectations. You will also be coordinating and maintaining the activities required to meet safety and quality standards.
- Ensuring company, customer and legislative requirements are met
- Understanding site and business performance indicators, measuring, monitoring and advising on KPIs
- Fully understand customer specifications and needs
- Agreeing standards and establishing clearly defined quality methods for staff to apply
- Maintain in conjunction with technical manager relevant site systems and documentation to the required standard
- Understand customer complaints. Investigate, respond and ensure 100% customer satisfaction
- Maintain and promote the QA culture through auditing, training and development of relevant staff
- Ensuring tests and procedures are properly understood, carried out and evaluated and that product deviations are investigated as necessary
- To ensure micro analysis is carried out to schedule and collate / analyse results and act on them accordingly
- Coordinate internal audits/quality panels/GMP/hygiene audits to achieve necessary end result
- Liaise with the group technical administrator with regards to new product launches, ensuring that the technical team have updated system paperwork in time for launch
- Undertaking projects or ad hoc technical administration needs, as required (e.g. maintaining process sheets, collation of specific information).
- To assist the Technical manager and site teams as required during customer visits and audits
- Liaison with external legal enforcement agencies to authorised level
- Ensure thorough and effective corrective action is taken from any non conformance arising from raw material or product specification deviation
- Liaise with Food technologist and NPD on new/re-engineered products with regard to implementation in factory
The working pattern for this role is Sunday night to Thursday night, and the working hours are 10pm to 7am.
The ideal candidate
- Previous experience in Management position within FMCG essential
- Experience of managing a team
- Desires to find new and better ways of working
- Knows when to approaches other functional experts for assistance or clarity
- Ability to approach a problem in a clear and logical manner
- Takes ownership and is self-motivated
- A forward-thinker able to remain calm and focused in changing situations
- Needs to have commercial awareness to ensure that the creative projects are delivered against commercial targets and goals – of both the business and the customer
In return for your time & hard work
- up to £38,000 per annum depending on experience
- 33 Days annual leave (including bank holidays)
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Interested? Apply Now!
Adelie Foods confirms its commitment to equality of opportunity in all areas of its work. All individuals will be treated in a fair and equal manner and in accordance with the law regardless of gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation.