Reed Scientific are recruiting an experienced Analytical Chemist who specialises in Bioanalysis to work for a growing and an industry recognised organisation. The role is comprised of all aspects of toxicological studies including planning, organisation and participation in studies ensuring compliance with both company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and any applicable regulations.
* Day to day supervision of Toxicology Department, Staff and Quality across the whole laboratory
* Monitor effective staff cover
* Timely reporting of results
* Maintenance of equipment
* Assist in the identification and development of new tests, products and services
* To prepare and analyse samples and ensure that results are reported in a correct and timely manner to customers.
* To authorise and validate results.
* To monitor internal and external QA Schemes across Laboratory Services.
* To Liaise with Auditors and accreditation bodies regarding accreditation.
* To improve awareness of Quality amongst all staff.
* To undertake required administrative duties including data input, sample packaging and dispatch and answering enquires by telephone or other means.
* To ensure adequate cover for the laboratory at all times, liaising closely with other departments.
* To prepare, review and maintain standard operating procedures for Toxicology in accordance with CPA, BSI and UKAS requirements as appropriate.
* To assist in preparation and reviewing of COSHH and other health and safety documentation effectively.
* To support the development and training of all Toxicology staff.
* To ensure that all staff working in Toxicology at any time, operate to a high standard of practice and work to current agreed procedures in a safe manner.
The ideal candidate will be
* A degree (or equivalent) qualified Forensic Scientist in a related Bioanalytical subject.
* Experienced within a forensic toxicology laboratory.
* Experienced in interpreting bioanalytical LC-MS/MS and GC-MS/MS data in order to prepare reports of the results to the customer and for use in court if necessary.
* Experienced in dealing with customer queries regarding results and analysis.
* Able to interpret and report test results including hair drug and alcohol analysis, blood analysis, SCRAM transdermal alcohol monitoring.
* Experienced in acting as an expert witness in court.
* Answering client queries in writing and verbally explaining test results and issues.
* Understand chain of custody requirements.