Lab & Quality Technician - Dudley, West Midlands, DY1 4LW
Edwin Holden’s Bottling Co. Ltd is looking for a Lab & Quality Technician to be responsible for inspecting, testing, sorting, sampling products for quality assurance and deviations from specifications. This includes using precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment; generating, compiling, organizing and evaluating quality assurance data so that all functions in the bottling plant are monitored. Help maintain the laboratory in a fully functioning and professional manner and support in the quality management of the site.
- Sample collection of product from various stages of the bottling process.
- Accurately and rapidly prepare and carry out laboratory analysis testing. Record results and report any that are out-of-spec.
- Preparation of product to ensure customer specification is met prior to production.
- Conduct and report quality checks on finished product & incoming beer cider, raw materials and packaging
- Support the Lab Manager to ensure equipment is kept within recommended limits for calibration and maintenance in order to adhere to quality targets.
- Ensuring that all relevant sample logs are kept up to date.
- Responsible for despatching adhoc samples for outsourced testing.
- Where exposure to customers, auditors etc, a high level of professionalism must be maintained.
- Completion of quality management audits and performance reports. Reporting and follow through corrective actions.
- Responsible for maintaining lab stock inventory.
- Assistance in complaint investigation.
- To follow standard operating procedures and safe working practice to ensure the safety of self and colleagues.
- Reportable to the site Lab & Quality Manager.
What we are looking for:
- Science based qualification to A Level or equivalent.
- Good organisational and IT skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently but also the ability to support colleagues when needed.
- The ability to learn specific, practical techniques.
- Ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals.
- Ability to work safely in a wet, noisy, and non-temperature-controlled environment.
- Time management skills in order to work on several different tasks/projects at the same time.
- Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for a number of people.
- Excellent oral communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organisation.
- A confident person that is able to challenge others where procedures or results are not met.
Edwin Holden’s Bottling Company was established in 1943 and has gone on to provide a continuous quality service to the UK brewing and drinks industries.
The largest proportion of our business is packaging beer, we do however pack Cider and Carbonated Soft drinks. Our flexible bottling line can run at speeds of up to 8,000 bottles per hour. The site comprises of the main bottling hall, filtration area, warehouse and offices.