Graduate Food Technologist - Saint Mary Bourne Site, Andover.
A vacancy has arisen for a Graduate Food Technologist to be based at Saint Mary Bourne Site. The ideal candidate will be a key figure in assisting and driving the Vitacress reputation for first-class Technical credibility with our customers and throughout the Industry. Motivate and help develop a highly effective Technical Compliance team.
Meet customer expectation and ensure legal compliance and by maintaining exemplary standards of food safety and quality through the maintenance and continual improvement of robust quality management systems.
Reporting to the Factory Technical Manager, you will:
- Support the Factory Technical manager in ensuring compliance on site for food safety
- Support the business “audit ready” status
- Keep up to date, communicate and action customer, food legislation and regulations, industry, certification body, and legal changes that affected our businesses in a structured and timely manner.
- Ensure all relevant policies, procedures and records are updated and implemented.
- Ensure microbiological, water and other necessary testing meet the required schedules to meet customer requirements and changes associated with them.
- Be key contact for microbiological and other required test results actions. Promptly and effectively manage out of specification results, communicating them to the relevant people within the business and follow up that the actions that have been undertaken.
- Support site during Internal and 3rd party audits and visits where required and ensure compliance non-conformances are actioned in a timely manner and reviewed to ensure no repeat issues.
- To support and promote an improved food safety culture through the implementation of changes in compliance to drive Continuous Improvements in food safety, legality, and support all the Central Technical Team functions, for all of the company products.
The working shift pattern will be Monday – Friday, with occasional weekend and additional hours on call cover.