Ethical Trade Manager
Making the world a better place, one project at a time.
Our client, a highly successful fresh produce business located near Huntingdon, are constantly striving for ways to improve the way their supply chain touches lives across the planet.
This a newly-created role, working within the Responsible Sourcing Team, which focuses on ensuring that every person in the supply chain is treated with dignity, respect & fairness. And most importantly, we should be aiming to improve these people's lives through working with us.
The role will be based near Huntingdon, however it will involve travel across the UK and also internationally, based on business needs.
The ideal candidate will already have a strong background in human rights, international labour standards and ethical trade. You will also need a consultative, influencing and proactive approach!
You will be working with NGO's, charities and other stakeholders or interest groups as appropriate.
* You will become the main point of contact for the company's ethical trading, human rights & modern slavery policies.
* You will assume responsibility for maintain relevant sections of the Code of Conduct for ethical trade & responsible sourcing.
* Design, develop & implement strategies to raise awareness of the subject matter and increase business capabilities to deliver ethical trade commitments.
* Work with technical teams to follow up on any outstanding non-conformances with suppliers and make sure these are closed within specified timescales.
* Lead the businesses modern slavery program implementing systems to identify, mitigate and if found remedy any instances of modern slavery within the UK and global supply chains.
In return, our client is offering a very competitive package, attractive benefits and most importantly - giving you the opportunity to get stuck into a role that means so much, to so many people.
If you believe you could be the person that we are seeking, please apply now.
With offices in Cambridge, Northampton and Peterborough - The ONE Group's recruitment specialists offer unparalleled recruitment expertise across seven specialist divisions; Accountancy & Finance, Executive Search, HR, IT, Marketing, Office Support and Technical.
Whether you are looking to advertise a job, or take the next step in your career, we offer an ever-growing employment network, which currently exceeds 50,000 people in the East of England and The Midlands.
We pride ourselves in adding value to any recruitment experience, with the foundation of our success coming from customer service, expert knowledge of the local marketplace and our understanding of the significant value people can add to the workplace.
This isn't just recruitment, it's: Recruitment as it should be.
For more information, call us or visit our website at www.theonegroup.co.uk