Reporting to the Hygiene Manager, the key focus of the role is to drive improved standards and efficiency of hygiene practices throughout the site identifying key areas and implementing appropriate actions. This role will also cover for the Hygiene Manager on days off and holidays.
- Manage all aspects of the Hygiene team to ensure full compliance of customer and legal compliance.
- Ensure the safe practice of all operations during the shift; this includes the use of personal protective equipment and chemicals by all staff.
- The highest quality and food safety standards are embedded through the factory, and standards of hygiene and good housekeeping are maintained (GMP).
- Ensuring all staff clean, following standard operating procedures and working practice to ensure continuous improvement throughout the hygiene system.
- Support the management of a team of hygiene staff, making sure they are trained to the appropriate standard.
- Ensure the clean is effective against all cross contamination including Allergen and Chemical.
- To effectively plan and control staff movements in order to meet cleaning schedules and frequencies.
- Ensure shift audits are carried out at the required frequency and necessary action taken.
- Ensure full due diligence of all hygiene documentation.
- Ensure full support is given to other departments during scheduled weekly deep cleans.
- Ensure safe and cost effective management of all cleaning chemicals used on site in line with COSHH legislation. Monitor chemicals used by the hygiene team and ensure correct handling, use and dilutions
- Ensure cleaning equipment is safe in operation and of sound condition.
- Coach and motivate the team whenever required to do so.
- Communicate with all departments across site / shifts to ensure issues are fully resolved.
- Strive to recognise areas of hygiene to continuously improve.
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
- Experienced in food hygiene
- Good communication skills.
- A conscientious approach with attention to detail
- Good time management able to work to deadlines
- Lifting and bending under machinery will be required
- Good time keeping and attendance
- Flexible and adaptable to learn new skills
- Good team worker
- Basic food hygiene qualification
What judgements / decisions can you make?
- Able to make decisions at right level or escalate if needed
Who do you communicate and work with?
- Production managers and operatives
- Engineering department
- Health and safety manager
- Technical department
Who gives work to you?