Engineering Shift Manager – Bourne Salads
up to £44,000 (inclusive of £3000 Shift allowance)
7pm - 7am
4 on 4 off shift
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Working at the Bourne Salads site, Bakkavor you will manage a team of engineers to ensure adherence to scheduled work load and that all reactive breakdowns are managed thus minimising plant downtime.
You will be methodical in approach, highly organised with excellent prioritisation skills and the ability to work to short and tight deadlines.
- Manage the engineering shift team to ensure delivery of scheduled work and reactive work so that plant availability is optimised and manage technical specifications for ingredients, products, processes & packaging
- Implement agreed training & development plans to meet engineering & production needs. Ensuring effective use of Max plan with direct reports
- Comply with statutory & Bakkavor Health & Safety requirement, ensures reports work in a safe manner. This will include ownership of dynamic risk assessment process
- Ensure engineering downtime is minimised, accurately logged, and monitor the repair time. Liaise with planning and operations team to allow for PPM to be completed in a timely manner
- Ensure all stock is logged in and out of the stores area highlighting any stock issues to the engineering team manager
- To maintain standards of hygiene and good housekeeping appropriate to a quality food manufacturer. GMP standard of workshops and engineers tool boxes is maintained at a high level
Requires Skills & Experience:
- Previous electrical or mechanical background is essential
- A good knowledge of health and safety legislation
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good Communication/presentation skills
- A good understanding of operational DWOR and engineering KPI’s
- Drive energy and enthusiasm
- Competent with Excel
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
- Group Pension (including employer contributions)
- First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects