Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Working for Group Services this role is crucial in auditing and supporting technical compliance and integrity against legal requirements and good manufacturing standards.
You will be a self-motivated and organised individual with previous experience in FMCG specifically around the chilled or convenience sector. This role will focus on managing raw materials and supplier audits ensuring that relationships are developed.
- Develop and maintain procedures and schedules to monitor compliance with relevant internal & external food safety standards.
- Ensure customer interface, internally and externally is managed professionally and in a timely manner. Participate and contribute to retailer initiatives and provide an interface for any cross site issues.
- Ensure relevant standards are developed, communicated, understood and applied to meet Food Safety, Quality and Legality. Provides leadership and ownership for the Central Technical Quality Management System.
- Provide technical support to Bakkavor sites as required. Utilise knowledge and expertise to exploit potential opportunities. Communicate Technical best practice to maintain and support Bakkavor reputation as the leading fresh produce manufacturer.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with food retailers
- Demonstrates strong people management skills
- Previous experience within a similar Technical Management role in a FMCG environment
- Extensive practical experience of HACCP, BRC & retailers code of practice
- Food Science degree would be desirable
- Computer Literate in all Microsoft packages