Mon – Fri : 08.30 – 17.00
Bakkavor Group is a leading manufacturer in the fresh foods market, specialising in developing private label products for top global grocery retailers and well known international foodservice operators.
In the UK, our customers include some of the UKs best known grocery retailers including Tesco, Marks & Spencer, Sainsbury’s, Waitrose, Asda and Morrison’s, who sell our products to consumers under their respective retail brands.
Due to increased volumes and customer acquisition, the Bakkavor Pizza site in Holbeach is looking for a Factory Technical Manager within the Technical team as part of this growth. This is a brand new role that will play a key part in ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to deliver food safety, quality, legality & customer technical requirements.
With direct management responsibility of 3 and indirect responsibility of 14 across both days and night shifts in the Factory, your people management skills will be of the highest calibre. You will want you and your team to be the best and will drive the team to achieve key Technical KPI’s and assure full Quality Assurance in the factory.
- Ensure relevant standards, HACCP based as appropriate, are communicated, understood and applied to meet Food Safety, Quality, Legality & customer specified requirements.
- To lead and fully understand the site HACCP and have involvement in the evaluation of risk and defining controls, prior to the introduction of a new process, product or Raw Material.
- Provide leadership and ownership for the quality management systems associated with the production of food to the agreed safety & quality standards.
- Leads the business with management of Technical audits & hosting audits as appropriate.
- Take the lead in defining and implementing the customer technical agenda across site alongside the management of customer technical expectation and delivery of KPI’s & improvement plans when necessary.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrates strong people management skills
- Previous experience within a similar Technical / QA Management role in a FMCG environment
- Working experience of HACCP, BRC & retailers code of practice
- Customer facing having working with key food retailers
- Led Audits & written visit & audit reports
- Food Science degree would be desirable
- Computer Literate in all Microsoft packages
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Scheme 5% rising to10% with continuous service
- Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday
- Access to MyRewards (Company scheme offering local and national benefits & discounts)
- Group Pension (including employer contributions)
- First class training, fast moving environment & excellent career progression prospects