The Technical Assistant is responsible for supporting all aspects of quality, safety and legality of the company’s products and those of its’ suppliers.
Responsible To The Technical Assistant reports directly to the Technical Manager
Key Area of Responsibility
Supporting the Technical Manager, as Technical Assistant you will assist with
- Maintenance of the food safety and quality management systems, in accordance with BRC standards
- Internal Auditing.
- Product specification development, review and maintenance.
- Dealing with suppliers and logistics on a day-to-day basis.
- Responding to customer queries, completing customer specifications and SAQ’s
- Managing and responding to customer complaints.
- Supporting New product development projects, including all paperwork associated with new products to include HACCP, final product specifications, and label/artwork compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with both BRC and Major Retailer & Food Service manufacturing standards.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Technical Manager
- Computer literate and competent with company based computer systems and requirements.
- Strong administrative skills and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise workload
- Qualified to Level 3 HACCP and/or minimum Level 2 Food Safety in Manufacturing
- Experience of working with retailer and food service groups’ specifications systems
- Experience of Internal Auditing.
- Permanent office based position (subject to initial 6 months’ probation period)
- 37.5hrs per week ( 9am - 5pm Mon-Fri)
- Salary range: £20000 – 24000 (depending on experience)
- Semi-Flexible Working Pattern
- Holiday Entitlement: 24 days (with 2 taken between 17/12 and 07/01)
- Bonus/Profit Share Scheme