REED Scientific are currently looking for a Quality Technician (Packaging Focus) to join a growing Quality team within a multinational organisation who manufacture cosmetics products. This role is on a shift basis Mon-Thursday 6:00am - 1:30pm/1:30pm - 9:30pm, 6:30pm finish on Fridays
- Undertake all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with the Quality System and specifications.
- Ensure that relevant traceability paperwork is available and correct.
- Take decisions on relevant stock and entering information on the appropriate stock management system.
- Communication on control results and decisions where necessary.
- Administrative duties including timely completion and filing of records and management of the retainer stores.
- Carrying out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate.
- Organising work to ensure customer priorities are met.
- Recording of non-conformances and appropriate follow up and communication.
- Maintaining high housekeeping standards and working to Good Laboratory Practices.
- To support the Quality Department and Manager in any other relevant quality tasks including but not limited to internal audits, training of new staff, preparation of procedures or assisting with investigations.
- Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related subject area.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office software.
- Experience of liaising in-house and externally with people at all levels.
- Experience of working in a cosmetics or pharmaceutical environment.
- Conscientious & self-motivated.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure to achieve tight deadlines.
- Highly organised and experienced in managing documentation in a controlled environment.
- Understands & has experience of using relevant testing equipment.
- Knowledge of Cosmetic Regulations is not essential but advantageous.