Our Client, a leading international manufacturer of chilled convenience foods for the major retailers, is looking for a Waste Officer, based at their site in Derbyshire. Reporting to the Head of Sustainability you will deploy waste management practices according to the waste hierarchy across the business to deliver cost efficiencies, support bio recovery and food redistribution and ensure legal compliance.
Key Accountabilities for the Waste Officer are:
- Identifying waste management improvement opportunities and working with manufacturing unit teams to deliver targets
- Reviewing internal and external best practice, recommending improved solutions to drive waste reduction initiatives
- Reviewing and piloting bio-recovery opportunities for unavoidable waste streams to minimise environmental impact
- Collating, analysing and modelling waste data to provide insight which will aid the prioritisation of action and investment in critical waste projects
- Assisting in the management of approved waste service providers
Essential skills and experience for the Waste Officer include:
- National/professional qualification in Environment / Waste Management (or degree calibre with relevant work experience)
- Up to date knowledge of waste/environmental legislation
- A working understanding of the Food Manufacturing Industry
- Demonstrable experience of building support and embedding improved waste management practices
- Strong analysis skills
- Expertise in creating and managing trend/KPI reports
- Established over 15 years ago, a leading international manufacturer of convenience foods supplying a wide range of chilled, frozen and ambient foods across the group
- Group-wide customers include major retailers and food service businesses in the UK and US
- Passionate about food with people at the core of their business
- Committed to driving continuous improvement and cost efficiency
If you are passionate about Waste / Environmental Management and are looking for a challenging and interesting role, then this Waste Officer role could be the job for you. The role attracts a competitive salary and is based at our client’s Derbyshire site.
If you are interested in applying for this role please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4324 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.