Group Food Safety Manager
Location: Newcastle (national role)
Newcastle upon Tyne, NE12 8BU
As Group Food Safety Manager, you'll be responsible for group Food Safety matters and shop Food Safety standards.
You'll ensure customer safety and brand protection by leading a team of Food Safety experts, enhancing external relationships, clear communication and simplifying Food Safety processes across the group.
You'll be responsible for driving a Food Safety culture by building relationships with & influencing internal stakeholders and enhancing risk assessment & decision making in all aspects of Food Safety across the group.
Although the role is based in our Head Office in Newcastle, we would be happy for you to work a minimum of three office days, the other two being romote, or home based. As such, we welcome applications from across the UK.
Join the Family
At Greggs we are passionate about our customers, and as such, delivering a fantastic product and experience every time are key. We work hard, but we always take time to celebrate our achievements, and give ourselves a pat on the back when great things happen.
£50,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
Full time, mainly Monday to Friday but there will be times where you'll need to be flexible to meet the demands of the role.
The ability to travel nationwide to attend meetings is essential.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Lead and develop a team of Food Safety experts who are always focussed on the Customer.
- Enhance your team’s ability to be proactive by combatting the root causes of reactive work, risk assessing and prioritisation.
- Lead Food Safety incidents across the group, pulling internal teams together to investigate, risk assess and make decisions that are right for our Customers and Brand.
- Develop our Primary Authority relationship for Food Safety & Food Standards into a full partnership that is fit for the future.
- Proactively manage, enhance & influence external Food Safety relationships such as the Food Standards Agency.
- Manage all high-risk enforcement action as well as horizon scanning for potential risks in the future.
- Monitor new Food Safety and Standards legislation with regular internal communication and feedback externally.
- Set and manage Food Safety validation processes such as microbiological and allergen sampling.
- Manage Food Safety HACPP for shops and shop Food Safety improvement plans.
- Early involvement in new shop concepts, layouts and new equipment from a Food Safety point of view, creatively eliminating potential Food Safety risks.
Manage external contracts such as Pest Control.
- Strong team leadership and coaching
- Strong engaging and influencing skills
- Creative problem solving
- Risk assessment, prioritisation and decision making
- Ability to take complex situations or processes and to simplify
- Proven ability to manage difficult conversations
- Food Safety / Technical senior management in the food industry (min. 5 years) with experience in Food Retailing
- Evidence of Customer focus and ability to protect Brand reputation
- Experience liaising with and meeting external stakeholders such as the FSA
- Demonstrable team development skills, building on individual strengths to develop
- Understanding of all Food Safety related legislation
- Practical incident management experience
- Evidence of horizon scanning and assessing future risks
- Proven experience managing budget and ability to identify cost savings through smart working
- Food Science or related honours degree
- Advanced HACCP
- Advanced Food Hygiene
Company Car; Pension; Profit Share, Bonus scheme (up to 17.5% of salary, paid annualy in March); Staff Discount; 25 days annual holidays; Private Medical Insurance; Permanent Health Insurance; SIP scheme, Cycle to Work scheme.
We welcome allplications through our website, www.greggsfamily.co.uk, and we'll keep you up to date every step of the way.