Join the family
At Greggs, our people are what makes our business successful. We keep our customers at the heart of everything we do and are proud that we can provide our customers with high quality, great value food and fantastic drinks, including coffee. Integral to the success of the business are our colleagues who make Greggs what it is today by helping to provide the fast and friendly service that our customers know and love.
We want you to be part of our vision and success by joining us as a Shop Manager at our High Wycombe store. This is a fantastic opportunity to continue to progress your retail management career in a fun, friendly shop with a family atmosphere where customers come to experience the products and service they deserve, The Greggs Way!
We believe in helping our colleagues to reach their full potential and are committed to their learning and development, fostering a culture of upskilling and knowledge sharing. You can be sure that you’ll be provided with all the training you need to carry out your new role as Shop Manager.
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Shift Pattern and Contracted Hours
We are looking for 2 permanent, full time Shop Managers to join us in High Wycombe. If you're interested in finding out more Paul the Area Manager would be happy to have a chat with you once you've applied.
Managing your own Greggs shop requires passion. You’ll be part of a team that puts the customers at the heart of everything you do making sure their experience is a great one. How? Commitment, hard work and of course lots of fun along the way.
You'll set high standards and make sure your shop reaches them. You'll be in charge of achieving sales and profitability targets and discuss your performance regularly with your Area Manager.
As head of your own Greggs family, you’ll find the role both varied and rewarding; overseeing the training and development of every member of the team all whilst becoming part of the wider community.
You’ll find this is management at its most practical – you'll need to roll your sleeves up, get involved in food preparation, serving customers and make sure the shop is clean, hygienic and welcoming. It’ll appeal to your hands-on nature. Of course, that’s on top of all the administrative jobs you’d expect a manager to have.
Naturally, it’s a job that calls for a track record as a supervisor or line manager and a CV bursting with customer service experience. You'll need numeracy skills, basic computer literacy and a flexible approach to working hours. On a personal level, we look for problem-solvers who can manage change, communicate with people from all walks of life and continually focus on our customers.
If you've worked in food production or retail before, that’s even better!
Everyone in our family values hard work and commitment. Be brilliant in your role and you'll get some brilliant things back from us in return:
- Commission related to your sales figures
- Various competitions including a well rewarded Shop of the Year event to take part in
- Access to some great training and development activities
- Opportunities to develop and progress your career with us
To be able to:
- Deliver great service experiences for your customers
- Lead a high performing team
- Achieve consistently high standards
- Drive sales in your shop
- Contribute to the profit of your shop
- Great career progression opportunities
- 21 days holiday a year (pro-rata), plus bank holidays
- 50% staff discount on Greggs products and free coffees and tea while at work
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that listens to your ideas and opinions
- The opportunity to work for an organisation that contributes to the local community through The Greggs Foundation, Breakfast Clubs, Local Charity Committees and much more!
- We are proud to say that 10% of our profits are shared with our employees, normally in March each year
- Greggs Pension Scheme
- Discount partnerships
- And much more!
During the application process we'll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we'll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help, we can make your application as quick and smooth as possible.