National Account Manager – FMCG – The search is on for an ambitious and talented person to join this fast moving and dynamic business. This company is the currently the fastest growing business in the baby food category in the UK market and wishes to expand further both in the UK across multiple channels & international markets.
Your role will be to initiate and implement the company’s commercial strategy to ensure the development of the brand to customers in the UK. You will manage a portfolio of National Accounts that will include customers in convenience, food service and OOH sectors. The job will involve some travel as the account base is Nationwide.
- Office based in Amersham approximately 4 days per week with the remainder of the time with customers.
- Account responsibility: Existing customers including Coop, Superdrug, Savers, Spar, Lloyds & Booker. As well as setting up new business in the OOH, Convenience and Food Service channel.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in account management, with ideally experience in multiple retail channels. You must be a strong client relationship builder and negotiator as you will work on joint business plans with customers.
- Communication skills, both written and the ability to present both internally and across a range of customer contacts.
- Ability to plan and organise effectively across a wide range of customers and channels.
- Strong team ethic.
- Analytical ability – able to use national market, customer and internal data to create compelling selling stories for internal and external customers.
- A strong knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint.
- Attention to detail – creating customer proposals, new line forms, promotional proposals etc.
- To manage designated accounts on a daily business.
- To understand customers’ strategy and objectives and align with where possible with company strategy.
- Negotiate joint business plans with selected retailers in order to maximise sales volumes, turnover and profitability in accordance with objectives.
- Planning promotional activity and effective execution with account/sales administration manager.
- Delivering NPD plans in accordance with objectives.
- Ensuring the implementation of the brand strategy.
- Market and business intelligence (reporting) – knowledge and update of competitors.
- Identify business opportunities within each account and develop plans to exploit them.
- Clearly present plans to the team and ensure the team is aligned to deliver them.
- Analyse sales performance by customer and report back to the business.
A clean UK driving licence will be required.
Nova Search and Selection is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy.