This successful food manufacturing organisation is seeking a talented and experienced NPD Chef to join their Development function on a permanent basis.
To manage development of new products concepts from brief to launch that meet the clients commercial targets, whilst also ensuring they are technically and factory viable, whilst meeting the agreed standards.
- To assist Development Controller on all concept reviews and customer presentations for all of the clients customer base
- To develop clear and concise recipes for all development concepts to meet the requirements of the business and customer NPD brief.
- To develop packaging for new products, liaising with Packaging & Artwork Coordinator and Purchasing Manager
- To own account responsibility for all customer Collection categories, managing their expectations, development and presentations to the customer, whilst maintaining the business objectives
- To manage and ensure smooth progression to launch for all new and existing (recipe engineering) products in compliance to critical path and delivery all new products to market
- To provide all necessary administrative support for the development of new products following NPD process and support of critical path and maintaining detailed files on all products.
- To identify and implement areas for cost saving within the business
- To provide accurate information to the cost accountant for NPD product costings
- To support, training and development to the Trainee NPD Technologist.
- To keep abreast of all new trends and innovation within the food industry and report all findings and ideas to the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working within a food manufacturing environment
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team
- Full understanding of concept development
- Knowledge of food ingredients, product profile, trends and market
- Able to adhere to the NPD process
If the above sounds like you then please don’t hesitate to establish contact.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Indicative Salary Range: £35000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.