Reporting to the Technical Manager you will be the site QA representative with a direct responsibility for food safety and quality issues. You will be part of a small but effective QA team that is heavily involved with day to day factory floor operations, ensuring high standards are maintained and current site systems are challenged and developed. You will be expected to build strong relationships across the site.
Full time and Permanent
Join the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
Up to £38,000 per annum depending on qualifications and experience
Mainly dayshift Monday to Friday but flexibility is required.
Key Responsibilities - Working closely with the production teams the role is responsible for:
- Implementation of food safety and quality procedures in the factory in line with the requirements of the BRC Global Standard
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring that product quality meets the requirements of the agreed specification
- Developing and implementing the HACCP plan and pre requisite programmes
- Assisting in the development of the food safety strategy for the site via the management review process
- Facilitating product recalls / withdrawals at site and collate relevant documents
- Driving improvements in the standards of product quality and safety.
- Providing management reports on levels of performance.
- Assisting with the completion of Internal Audits and inspections
- Providing assistance with complaint investigations or incident report investigations
- A formal food related qualification – HNC/HND/Degree in Food Science or equivalent
- Qualifications – HACCP Level 4, Food Safety Level 4.
- Food industry experience essential – at least 2 years in a similar role
- Proven experience of leadership
- High level of numerical and presentation skills
- Proficient in IT (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, outlook, databases)
- Results focussed with excellent Communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Practical knowledge of the BRC Standard and QMS Systems
- Auditing skills
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 26 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 7.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.