We are looking for the next generation Warehouse Manager to join our logistics operations at our new distribution site currently under construction at Amesbury.
Amesbury Distribution Centre will be fully operational in 2019 as a brand new facility for Greggs serving between 120-250 of our retail shops in the South and South West. The Warehouse Manager role will play a key part in the recruitment and training and development of approximately 50 colleagues new to the business as well as supporting the opening and ongoing development of the site teams.
Join the Family
We believe in growing together – as a united team and working towards the achievement of our vision which is to be a winning brand in the food-on-the-go market. Greggs is a much loved and trusted brand with a strong traditional bakery heritage. Our people are what makes our business successful.
We aim to provide our people with a great place to work, where they feel valued by listening, developing and rewarding them.
£35,000 - £38,000 depending on experience
Fulltime, mainly day shift Monday to Friday but some flexibility will be required to meet the needs of the business
Reporting to the Logistics Manager, the key focus of the role is to grow, manage and direct the warehouse operation at the D.C ensuring that the products are delivered to shops safely, legally, cost efficiently, on time and in full.
- Recruit and develop a site team of circa 50 colleagues to accommodate a phased opening and growth plan from start up to 120 shops
- Taking responsibility for the implementation of the business plan for the future growth of the Distribution Centre.
- Overseeing the recruitment and development of the warehouse team to be able to open the D.C and deliver to 120 shops and planning for growth to Circa 250 shops
- Ensuring goods are despatched and delivered to the shops at the time required to meet service levels
- Acting as Site Super User for Pick By Light and site contact for communications with system owners
- Leading and acting as Champion for warehouse management systems
- Creating and implementing rota patterns for 24-7 cover whilst maintaining service and budgetary control
- Reviewing internal customer interface and systems to identify actions to improve customer satisfaction
- Developing and maintaining set Key Performance Indicators and ensuring these are fully utilised to drive improvement
- Leading the weekly Logistics site team meetings to identify areas to improve cost and customer service KPI performance
- Managing the despatch process to ensure continuous improvement.
- Managing MHE compliance for training and servicing to ensure all accidents and near misses are managed in line with company procedures.
- Ensuring that Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations and standards are adhered to
- Ensuring that Team training is carried out within company policy and legal compliance
- Leading the team with high visibility through regular meetings and coaching, promoting a culture of achievement and responsibility in line with the values,
- Carrying out PDR’s with direct reports, agreeing targets and objectives, conducting monthly 1 to 1’s and agreeing individual development plans to forge strong communication links within the department.
- Assisting the Logistics Manager in identifying and developing proactive warehouse approaches
- Able to design and implement rota profiles for 24-7 warehouse operation
- Experience of being site lead for implementing new systems into an operation.
- Experience of being site lead for warehouse management systems
- Advanced level of experience of all Microsoft packages
- Experience of a FMCG daily fresh operation
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 26 days, in addition to Bank Holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 30 days after 25 years’ service (pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 7.5% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
During the application process we’ll keep in touch every step of the way. We know how big a decision it is for you to apply for a job. Once you do we’ll work hard to keep you up to speed on how your application is progressing. With your help we can make your application as quick and as smooth as possible.