NPD Technologist - Stonehouse, Gloucestershire, GL10 3RF
Salary : £Competitive
Be part of our recipe for success….
We are looking for an ambitious and innovative NPD Technologist to join our New Product Development team based at our Head Office in Stonehouse. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of the team delivering significant growth to the business through the launch of new food concepts to our core channels, Education, Travel, QSR and Retail as we continue our journey to £25m turnover by 2021. You will be a central support to our NPD function, managing the day to day running of the NPD kitchen, supporting the NPS process and assisting with product presentations.
You will assist the NPD team managing a portfolio of products form inception to launch, integrating with Marketing, Sales, Purchasing and 3rd party manufacturers to bring innovative and fit for purpose foodservice products to market on time and in budget.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Organising ingredients and packaging for product ideas.
- Analysis of packaging concepts
- Making hand samples for new concepts
- Testing new products and ingredients
- Preparing NPD samples for the sales team.
- Assisting with product presentations to the Directors/Heads of Department and Customers.
- Maintain and update cooking instructions on new and existing products.
- Manage ingredient and packaging store.
- Analysing competitors’ products.
- Maintain effective health and safety standards, cleaning routine and laundry to maintain food safety standards in the development kitchen.
- General support in projects within the department as required by the Head of NPD
As part of your development plan you will also lead one project at a time with the support of the Head of NPD and will be responsible for;
- Developing innovative and fit for purpose foodservice products
- Ensuring full visibility of project progress for the business.
- Generate ideas for product development utilising market research, customer feedback and knowledge of food trends.
- Factory trials for all new products launched (NPD & EPD)
- Attending the launch of new products at the manufacturers site
THE SKILLS YOU NEED:
- Innovative thinker
- Chilled or frozen protein manufacturing knowledge.
- Knowledge of packaging concepts
- Experience within the foodservice industry
- Experience of food manufacturing methods and controls
- Food Safety level 3 minimum
- Demonstrable project management experience.
Good functional skills in maths and IT.
OUR KIND OF PEOPLE ARE:
- Food lovers who enjoy creating food concepts and interpreting customer requirements;
- Excellent communicators;
- Calm under pressure;
- Good organisers able to effectively manage their time and workload;
- Able to work on own initiative;
- Have great attention to detail;
- Great team players; and
- Driven to succeed.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
- 25 days’ annual leave pro rata (excluding bank holidays)
- 2 wellbeing days a year when you need to recharge
- Bonus Scheme
- Workplace pension scheme
- Health Cash Plan and Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Coffee and bacon roll delivery on Friday
- Fresh fruit every day
- Free food from our legendary take-home freezer
- Social events from charity sky dives to after work drinks
- The excitement of being part of a fast paced, dynamic and successful organisation!