Technical Manager - Food Manufacturing, Enfield
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Reporting to the site General Manager, the purpose of this position is to create, lead and optimise the Enfield site Technical team to achieve a performance level where the site can be truly recognised in ‘Unbeatable Quality’.
You will operate as part of the Enfield Site Leadership team, and will play a key role in ensuring engagement and high level performance remain priority throughout the site in all aspects of Food Safety, Quality & Legality.
The Technical Manager, alongside the wider technical team will be the Technical Ambassador for the site and within the wider business.
Here at our Enfield Bakery, the team are dedicated to manufacturing excellence, driving product quality, people safety, food safety and reliability. You’ll have a strong drive to identify opportunities for improvement and be keen to develop your career to build your skills and knowledge in an exciting and fast paced environment.
- You will manage and lead the site food safety & quality team, settings standards on Food Safety, GMP, Quality Management systems, compliance and hygiene whilst maintaining costs control.
- You will drive the Unbeatable Quality culture through the site, providing specialist technical knowledge to all functions
- Ensure that KPI’s are monitored and presented to allow identification of improvement plans to meet the set targets
- Ensure a safe working environment and that H&S requirements are achieved within the technical team, whilst supporting the wider site on H&S KPI’s.
- Ensure the management and evaluation of risk prior to the introduction of and establishment of controls of new processes, product and/or raw materials/packaging
- Provide practical support to the direct reports to drive Food Safety, Quality and Legality
- Manage effect communications with both internal and external departments to ensure that Technical needs of the business are implemented throughout the site
- Manage the Crisis management system on site
- Lead, motivate and inspire the Technical Team in line with the business Success Factors, to achieve personal development and continuous improvement in all that they do.
- Responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the Food Safety Quality Management Systems, including HACCP operate in accordance with the Businesses, BRC and other external accreditation standards requirements
- Ensure that the Technical team maintain change control and internal and external specifications
- To drive process development projects as required by the business
- Provide Technical support to the site Leadership team and external teams/customers where necessary.
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
Family time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so you’ll start on 5 weeks holiday
A slice of the annual profits
Award winning pension plan
Discount vouchers and products you’ll love
Benefits for you and the family for example; Discounted gym membership, Child care vouchers, Cycle to work