To effectively prepare, co-ordinate, control & present the management accounting information for the Kara business unit and to provide analysis and decision support information for other site functional areas.
- To prepare, review & present the weekly accounts and reports on a timely basis each week
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and associated KPI’s to achieve strict deadlines, in an accurate and complete manner
- Reconcile weekly accounts to monthly accounts, resolving variances
- Reconciliation of Balance sheet & P&L at period end
- Review KPI pack comment/explain all significant changes from Bud/Fcast or previous week
- Fully responsible for cost centre management reporting through meetings with cost centre managers
- To ensure the M3 system is maintained accurately in accordance with authority levels inclusive of price lists, MO’s, material masters & BOM’s.
- To ensure that standard costs for new and existing products are updated as appropriate and in accordance with company policy
- To be responsible for the set up and management of Foodservice over-rider, rebate agreements. To manage any changes and update on M3.
- All data as applicable to be critically evaluated to ensure accuracy and integrity of accounting information.
- To ensure weekly variances are recorded, reported and analysed in a way that drives action, highlighting areas of concern and where further investigation is necessary.
- Attendance at variance meetings on a weekly basis with the production management team.
- To assist in the preparation of annual budgets, forecasts, year end preparation and product costing
- To maintain, review and develop reporting & analysis systems within the site to meet the changing needs of the business
- To identify & drive operational support projects to measure and monitor achievement of key budget drivers.
- Contribute to first-class finance function that hits all deadlines, serves “customers” in the business and drives the business forward to sustained profitability
- To update and maintain the packaging waste information and produce the relevant figures on an annual basis
- To provide full cover for the Reporting Accountant & Financial Controller in times of absence.
- To carry out other duties as considered necessary
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Final stage or newly qualified (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- Very high level of attention to detail
- A driven and determined approach
- Strong IT skills (Advanced Excel)
- Pro-active / innovative approach to work
- Inquisitive style who is able to process large amounts of data accurately to “mine” trends / information / analysis
- Confident communicator/negotiator at all levels
- Self motivated & adaptable to any situation
- Analytical and strategic thinker
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Able to work well within a small team
- Good literacy and numeracy skills
Who do you communicate and work with?
- Financial Controller
- Reporting Accountant
- Business Unit Director
- Production team
- Engineering team
- Planning department
- Hygiene team
- Inter site communication
- Functions within the BU: Commercial, Finance, NPD, Technical
- External Customers
- Other BU team members as appropriate to Customer requirements
Kara is an autonomous business unit of the Finsbury Food Group. The business is headed by the Business Unit Director and a senior management team with full P&L and balance sheet responsibilities.