The role and department
We are seeking a Product Development Technologist with a proven track record of delivering innovative new products and continuous improvement . The successful candidate will be seeking a challenge and the opportunity to make a real difference.
The role of Senior Development Technologist will allow you to ‘make your mark’ and contribute to sales growth through multi-functional team working and a creative and customer focused approach to product development.
Reporting to the Senior Product Development Manager , you will take ownership of projects at all stages of the development process from concept through to launch.
The successful candidate will have a key role in transforming our Wiltshire Farm Foods product range and supporting accelerated growth.
Who we are
apetito are the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home and in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals.
Through our wide range of tasty and nutritious meals, we aim to make a real difference to the lives of elderly and vulnerable people .
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement and the ability to buy additional annual leave, retail discounts, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- The succesful candidate will use their project management, creative and commercial skills and experience to manage and deliver market leading product development from the concept stage through to launch .
- Ensuring development projects are delivered to agreed timescales, standards and meet project objectives.
- Proactively identifying new opportunities and innovations to improve our food , enhance our customers experience and create competitive advantage.
- Provide support to the Product Development Manager and the broader team with shorter term tasks and longer term strategic initiatives.
- Drive continuous product improvement including cost, quality and nutrition
- Lead cross functional teams to deliver agreed project objectives.
- Produce kitchen scale samples to agreed quality standards.
- Prepare accurate product costings.
- Develop commercially viable and innovative products
- Employing best practice, continually striving for improvement and supporting our aims to deliver world class service and results.
- Support the Product Development Manager with team development.
- Conduct market reviews to identify food trends, market activity and identify new opportunities
- Build strong relationships with external organisations such as suppliers and professional trade bodies to support our business objectives.
- A successful track record within food product development
- Experience of working with others to achieve demonstrably successful project outcomes
- Experience of successful multi-functional project management
- Degree level qualification
- Experience within frozen or chilled food manufacturing
- Experience within prepared meals
- Experience of identifying and delivering cost savings
The successful candidate will be innovative, proactive , adaptable and conscientious, with good communication and team working skills. They will be tenacious with the ability to drive projects forward to successful completion and will work well with others to achieve this.
This is a great opportunity for a candidate who is passionate about food and looking to make a significant positive impact for our customers and our business.
A genuine passion for food, with a can-do attitude, ability to influence others; good team working skills, drive to challenge and improve .
Excellent culinary skills, can demonstrate commercial awareness, good presentation skills