We are seeking an experienced Senior Product Development professional with an exceptional track record of delivering commercially successful and innovative product development within the retail sector.
Wiltshire Farm Foods operates in a ‘growth market’ and this presents a fantastic opportunity to make a real difference to our customers lives as well as the future success of our business.
This new and challenging position has been created to significantly accelerate consumer focused innovation, continuous improvement and growth.
Working closely with colleagues across the business the successful candidate will be responsible for managing all aspects of the product development lifecycle and managing the innovations pipeline. They will take a key role in helping shape strategic category and development plans and manage the delivery of development programmes to support them.
As a senior member of our team, the successful candidate is expected make a major impact on the profitable growth of our business, through a strategic, innovative, proactive and commercially focused approach to product development and through inspirational leadership and development of their team.
They will be responsible for creating competitive advantage through innovative product & systems development based on thorough understanding of the evolving customer and consumer needs and expectations.
Who we are
apetito are the leading food producer for the health and social care sector, providing delicious, nutritious and sustainable meals for people at home and in care.
We’re also the parent company of Wiltshire Farm Foods, the UK’s premier home-delivery service for ready-made meals. Through our wide range of tasty nutritious meals, we aim to make a real difference to lives of elderly and vulnerable people .
We’re proud to be a Living Wage employer and member of the Ethical Trading Initiative. We support British food and farming and operate a successful programme of waste reduction and resource efficiency across our whole business.
In addition to your salary you will receive a comprehensive training program, 25 days annual leave holiday entitlement and the ability to buy additional annual leave, tax efficient childcare vouchers, retail discounts, cycle to work scheme, free car parking, subsidised staff restaurant, free turkey (or voucher) at Christmas and much more!
- Establishing and managing Wiltshire Farm Foods product development activities.
- Driving and managing the innovations pipeline to deliver World class innovations.
- Identifying and delivering value optimisation projects.
- Providing excellent leadership and development support - inspiring your team to drive innovation, to realise their potential and make a real difference .
- Deliver a proactive and responsive product development service that continually creates competitive advantage and ensures our food proposition is market leading.
- Ensuring a customer focused approach is undertaken throughout. This will include managing our consumer taste panels and home-use testing, undertaking market reviews , visiting customers, and applying relevant food trends and research knowledge.
- Drive and support value optimisation opportunities to deliver real value for money for our customers and ensure agreed commercial targets are met.
- Ensure Wiltshire Farm Foods development is aligned with business strategies and policies.
- Manage and deliver other projects directly assigned by the Head of Product & Systems Development.
- Identify & deliver product quality and nutrition improvements, taking account of the needs of all stakeholders.
- Support the improvement of Development processes and procedures.
- Support new Business to Consumer market initiatives.
- Provide guidance and support to help shape strategic category and development plans.
- Keep up to date with current and emerging food aand consumer trends.
- An exceptional track record of innovation and successful food product development within the retail sector
- Leadership of cross functional teams to deliver challenging objectives
- Successful direct team leadership
- Degree level qualification
- Experience within frozen or chilled food manufacturing
- Excellent leadership qualities
- A real passion for food & nutrition
- Agility and the drive to make things happen
- Ability to establish and implement strategic plans
- Drive to challenge, innovate and make a real difference
- Exceptional project management skills
- Excellent communication skills with the confidence to work well with colleagues and customers at all levels
- Commercially and customer focused