Are you already a Multi-skilled Engineer, Electrical Controls Engineer or a Process Engineer and at the top of your game in a fast paced manufacturing environment?
Working as part of a highly skilled and well-established engineering team, you’ll be driven and skilled in finding and rectifying faults through inputs and outputs, reading and acting on data, conducting planned and preventative work and working on a variety of equipment from bulk handling systems, through processing and packaging, site services and PLC control systems.
Here at Warburtons, our teams are dedicated to manufacturing excellence, driving product quality, people safety, food safety and reliability. You’ll have a strong drive to identify opportunities for equipment improvement and be keen to develop your career to build your skills and knowledge in an exciting and fast paced environment.
Our multi-skilled engineers work in shift teams in close conjunction with production, safety and hygiene, driving a mixed agenda of planned and reactive work. The team undertake planned and preventative maintenance and are encouraged to use their engineering skills and experience to develop robust solutions and long term fixes. There's a huge variety of tasks that will range from general plant maintenance to improving plant reliability and diagnosing problems before they develop. The environment is a fast-paced, highly-automated 24/7 food manufacturing environment each day brings a different opportunity; we'll help to develop your technical skills and get you involved in other initiatives alongside our safety teams and improvement initiatives.
As part of the Engineering team you’ll be encouraged and supported to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at pace. We promote a culture of continuous improvement whilst working on a changing approach to reliability centred maintenance in a highly-automated production facility.
As part of your role you’ll be identifying and completing continuous improvement projects to increase plant efficiency, reduce downtime and save energy and associated costs.
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
- A 4 on 4 off working shift pattern
- An understanding of PLC control systems
- Driven by solutions with a positive approach, ideas and innovation motivated.
- Keen to develop your skills especially in electrical and control systems.
- Working knowledge of H&S audits and processes
- Possess an Engineering Qualification such as HND, HNC, BTECH or equivalent
- Experience of working in fast paced FMCG environment.
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme