Are you a Health, Safety & Environment Manager on top of your game?
You will work closely with the General Manager and site leadership team to promote and strengthen our existing health and safety culture. With a natural energy and infectious enthusiasm, you will make a difference with your ability to influence and lead a health and safety agenda.
Here at Wakefield, we are dedicated to ensuing our working environment and people are “Always Safe” whilst also promoting our environmental agenda.
Keeping our people, customers and environment safe makes us PROUD.
As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies’ to work for. Family and values is what makes us different, and we are a proud brunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
Based at our Bakery in Wakefield, your remit will cover the manufacturing and distribution functions, including a small depot at Howden. Working alongside the functional leaders and managers on the sites, you will be key in influencing the safe behaviours of our 480 colleagues.
With your engaging style and excellent understanding of Health, Safety & Environment you will be responsible for ensuring that best practice standards are developed and maintained on site. Your expertise will allow you to continually provide advice and guidance. Continuous improvement is championed, with the opportunity to identify improvements and learning needs across the business. Crucially, you will be a real team player with excellent communication skills, who can build and maintain good relationships with internal and external stakeholders alike.
- An engaging and influential leadership style
- Ability to delegate and inspire others to take responsibility for HS&E
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to quickly establish credibility, building and maintaining strong relationships with key stakeholders (internal and external).
- Experience in a Health & Safety role within manufacturing (ideally FMCG)
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent (or working towards)
- Excellent understanding of all aspects of Health, Safety & Environment (including legislation, audit handling and management systems)
- Able, and prepared, to make significant decisions in a timely manner, challenging when appropriate
At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
- Family time is important to us and we know it will be to you, so you’ll start on 5 weeks holiday
- Award winning pension plan
- Life assurance
- Discount vouchers and products you’ll love
- Benefits for you and the family for example; Gym membership, Child care vouchers, Ride to work