Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Our client is one of Europe’s most successful food companies and due to continued expansion is currently recruiting for a Health, Safety & Environmental Manager to join their team.
Reporting directly to the site Operations Manager/Director, they have a dotted line responsibility to the Group Health & Safety Manager and Group Environmental Manager.
- To act as the site competent person providing professional assistance on all matters relating to health, safety, fire and environmental legislation within the industry sector with the guidance from the Group Health & Safety Manager and Group Environmental Manager.
- To actively support the management team to meet Health, Safety and Environmental KPIs and performance objectives with the aim of improving site safety and commercial objectives.
- Conduct and complete all site related risk assessments with the support of line management to identify all key risks within the location and make commercial recommendations to reduce such risks.
- Produce and implement site specific safe working practices with the aim of improving knowledge, skill and attitude which will have a direct effect on reducing accidents or incidents which could lead to financial loss.
- Carry out and complete specialist risk assessments such as Manual Handling, CoSHH and DSE to ensure that risks are reduced to meet commercial and legislative requirements.
- Support and assist in the achievement of environmental objectives in conjunction with the Group Environmental Manager and ensure consultation on any environmental impact regarding health & safety processes.
- To conduct detailed accident investigations and recommend commercial solutions to prevent re occurrences so that management teams can implement to reduce accidents and incidents.
- Conduct a detailed analysis of all health & safety related training and produce comprehensive training matrices by role to ensure legal compliance for specific tasks that require specialist training with records and refresher training completed as required.
- Actively monitor emergency procedures and site fire safety arrangements relating to colleague, visitors and contractors in line with fire safety policy and risk assessment requirements to ensure that legal compliance and best practice is met.
- Undertake monthly site inspections and report on any findings to the management team and deficiencies that may be identified to maintain safety standards and monitor effectiveness of safety policies and procedures.
- Assist in any colleague training requirements which are specifically related to health and safety or environmental matters and deliver in house health and safety and environmental training programs approved by the Group Health & Safety Manager and Group Environmental Manager to enhance colleague knowledge and improve performance.
- Take responsibility for the reporting of incidents classified under RIDDOR to the HSE and follow up any correspondence as a result ensuring that Fees for Intervention are avoided where possible and any commercial disruption
- Support the Site Operations Manager/Director by facilitating site health & safety committee meetings and environmental/energy meetings by providing statistical information and health & safety advice on matters raised to provide effective communication to all colleagues, set KPIs or develop energy initiative programs.
Candidates will ideally come from a food manufacturing background and have experience as a Health, Safety and Environmental Manager. A NEBOSH diploma is desirable but candidates with a NEBOSH certificate and previous H&S Management in the food industry will be considered.
Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 4pm
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.