Operations Manager - Fish Processing
My client is a processor of fresh and dried fish operating from a purpose built factory, located on a site of 14,000m2.
The operation comprises Production areas; Chilled storage; Cold storage; Plate freezers; Blast freezers and Drying tunnels.
The business model allows them to manage all parts of the supply chain from processing, shipping, and distribution, in order to provide customers with fresh, sustainable, high-quality products.
The Operations Manager role is a challenging opportunity, where the jobholder is responsible for ensuring that the factory operates efficiently and produces good quality products, whilst maintaining national and international standards in health, safety and hygiene.
- Responsible for the P&L of the factory and the generation of new business
- Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction with existing clients is key.
- Reporting to the Board and liaising with external agencies
- Ensure that strategic plans are implemented and that the factory and staff remain compliant with local and national regulations concerning health, safety, quality and hygiene.
The successful applicant would have the following skills and experience
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent with an in-depth knowledge of operating in the fish processing and fish drying industry, and fish related products
- Commercial acumen involving the purchasing, marketing and selling of fish related products
- Ability to read, interpret and explain the P&L with a proven track record of delivering business improvements
- 5 years’ managerial experience with evidence of fostering a working environment that encourages highly engaged employees
- A proven track record of supporting and driving a HSE culture with knowledge and ability to underpin the introduction of HACCP and ISO 22000 into the business
In return they offer an excellent tax free salary and benefits including housing and car.
They are looking for a candidate that could commence this role in January 2019
Indicative Salary Range: £60000 - 65000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.
Apply for Operations Manager - Fish Processing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly