NPD & Specifications Technologist
This is an opportunity for someone keen to work in a varied role that includes NPD (50%), specifications (30%) and internal audits/quality support (20%).
Reporting to the Technical Manager, this position will allow you to work with raw materials and new concepts in a creative way and to follow the process right through to launch.
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To ensure the development and consistent production of products by creating and developing robust and rigorous specification and Quality Attribute Standards to meet current and emerging consumer needs and company standards.
Convert technical specifications into pack copy incorporating all technical information and claims, ensuring all consumer facing data meets all regulatory and company standards.
To assist in the development of new and existing products and processes.
- HACCP Team Member.
- Create and manage technical specifications for products, processes and packaging.
- Create and develop Quality Attribute Standards for process and product.
- Transfer current and new recipe, specifications and QAS into the factory and the customer.
- Creation and update of specifications and artwork in customer software systems.
- Networks with people involved in the approval of specifications and artwork.
- Responsibility for the technical sign off for packaging.
- Assist with NPD process development and sample preparation.
- Participating in customer audits
- To ensure regulatory affairs compliance.
- Ensuring timely completion of specifications and artwork.
- KPI reporting on GMP, quality performance, specifications and artwork approval.
- Perform audits.
- Implementation of company documented policies, procedures and specifications.
- Deputise for Technical Administrator in certain tasks.
This position would suit a food science/technology graduate (or similar) with a year or more NPD experience. This could be a university placement potentially. Specifications experience is not required and can be taught on the job. In terms of product experience we are open minded, but this position would be working with high risk food products and so experience in this area would be ideal.
Could this be your new start to 2019?
Indicative Salary Range: £18000 - 21000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.