My client is an independent manufacturer of private label bakery goods for the UK market. They are currently looking to strengthen their team with the recruitment of an experienced Hygiene Manager.
The purpose of the role is to maintain, develop and implement the hygiene regime ensuring compliance to procedures and food safety standards. To supervise the team of hygiene operators across a 3 shift spectrum.
Main responsibilities include:
- Factory hygiene management / planning of daily cleans (T-Card) - manage and coordinate the site hygiene team’s activities ensuring that appropriate resource is provided, staff are suitably trained, and the company is compliant with legal, food safety and hygiene requirements
- Maintain COSHH records (work in conjunction with the Raw Material Controller)
- Improve GMP (hygiene bias) - champion and drive continuous improvement in respect of factory hygiene standards to ensure site is visit ready.
- Hygiene Inspection Audits
- Represent the hygiene function during customer visits / audits
- Internal Audit & HACCP Team Member
- Provide day-to-day support to the technical & operational teams to deliver the technical vision, driving behaviour and culture change through focus on people, processes, plant, product and communication.
They are looking for a candidate with
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a technical / quality / hygiene related discipline – preferably within a hygiene management role
- Degree qualified or equivalent skill set
- Trained to Level 3 in Food Safety & HACCP
- Chemical awareness training
Excellent opportunity for the right candidate!
Indicative Salary Range: £33000 - 35000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.