An opportunity has arisen for a motivated and enthusiastic Technical Administrator who is seeking to join a successful and long standing manufacturer.
The main responsibilities of the Technical Administrator are:
- To support the Technical Team to ensure that all elements of the Food Safety & Quality Management system are kept up to date and are reviewed as required
- To professionally handle Customer requests for information, whether it is for Product Specifications or raw material or process information
- To ensure that all Specifications are accurate and up to date.
- To act as secretary to the HACCP Team
- To ensure that all Inspection, Measuring and Test Equipment is within calibration.
- To assist in the Supplier approval and review process
- To be an active member of the Internal Audit team.
- To assist in the investigation of Customer Complaints when necessary.
- A variety of other duties, potentially within the production area assisting with Continuous improvement projects.
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications:
This is a Customer facing role so patience and a professional manner are a must in all dealings with Customers.
Negotiation skills will be required.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel for the recording, analysis and reporting of information.
- Good presentation and clear, concise communication skills both verbal and written are required.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word for completion of Internal Specifications and other documentation. This may involve the construction and formatting of new documents.
- For the collation of data for completion of Specifications a questioning, inquisitive nature is required as well as the ability to work to high levels of accuracy.
- To assist with Audits and Customer Complaints a logical, inquisitive thought processes are required and a tenacious attitude to establishing root cause or issue.
- The ability to effectively learn online and offline computer software systems such as Customer or Third-party document submission systems, Specification systems and Laboratory sample submission systems.
- Good audit skills, with a recognised internal auditor qualification – able to identify non-conformances, root causes and help to support continuous improvement.
- A good understanding of BRC certification, Organic certification and Kosher certification is desirable.
- Level 3 HACCP Management for Food Manufacturing would be desirable although training in HACCP can be provided.
- Good working knowledge of quality systems would be desirable.
- A proactive and flexible approach to working within the Technical team is required.
If this sounds like you then please don’t hesitate to establish contact.
Looking forward to hear from you!
Indicative Salary Range: £18000 - 22000
KPI Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
All candidates registering with KPI Recruitment Ltd. will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for their position.