Team Technician - Night Shift
About the Role:
As Team Technician, you work as part of the operations function to manufacture/package and distribute Britvic’s products by effective operation of plan, equipment and systems, in primary and secondary areas.
Key internal stakeholders for this position will include Engineering Support Team Leaders, Team Leaders, and Shift leaders, who you will regularly communicate with about the progress of work affecting plant performance and other information affecting the activities on site.
Britvic Beckton is home to just over 140 employees and has 4 PET packaging production lines. The site operates 24 hours a day, and produces branded carbonated beverages such as Pepsi, 7UP, Tango and R Whites.
- Operate and maintain associated equipment in primary and secondary areas of operation to known standards in terms of quality and efficiency
- Fully understand and operate quality control procedures as outlined in the site quality systems
- Fully undertake and propose improvements to, and development of, asset care routines ensuring their completion and effectiveness
- Fully participate in identified problem solving processes in order to be able to do first line fault finding and diagnostics.
- Work with the Team Leader and Engineering Support Team Leader to ensure longer term skill development and machine modifications are identified and incorporated into site plans
- Full involvement in improvement activities utilising TPM framework to establish and capture: learning, best practice, document control & process control, plant re-design / modifications and engineering out of re-occurring problems
- Take reasonable and practical care of personal health and safety and of others who may be required to implement any legal or company directives regarding health and safety at work
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Practical experience of working within a high speed/FMCG manufacturing operation is essential
- Knowledge of manufacturing and HSE process and legislation is essential
- Takes pride in their approach to work
- Has a clear, consistent focus on improving ways of working
- Supports a culture of continuous improvement
- Motivates others to work together through effective team work
- Takes personal responsibility to ensure results are delivered
-Minimum 2 GCSE’s A – C or demonstrable ability to interpret technical information is essential
-HACCP/ISO/COSHH knowledge is desirable
We’re committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees – in fact this is at the heart of our company culture and values, and we welcome applications from candidates with diverse backgrounds.