This is a fantastic opportunity to work for a £multi million leading FMCG and food business who are market leaders in their field. They are focused on quality and delivery of product and have built their ongoing success on their exceptional innovation and service levels to their customers, which is why this role is such a critical appointment in terms of future strategic direction. We are seeking an exceptional GM / Site Director who can take responsibility for making this state of the art facility truly ‘world class’ in terms of its operational excellence.
- Assume full responsibility for the site and ensure the delivery of the overall site strategic plan.
- Ensuring the manufacturing site consistently meets the requirements of the business in terms of service levels to the customer.
- Manage, motivate, develop and coordinate the activities of the team through effective leadership and open communication to develop a multifunctional team across the site.
- Clear liaison with all departments in the business to ensure smooth operational flow is maintained throughout the departments and across the business.
- Management and authorisation of expenditure against the budget for Production, Warehouse and Transport functions ensuring optimal utilisation of costs.
- Develop appropriate performance indicators across the Production, Warehouse and Transport functions, monitor performance and make improvements as needed.
- Lead, motivate your senior leadership team to deliver business goals.
- Develop a site manufacturing strategy, including training of workforce to meet production demand and profit needs. Strong focus on GMP.
- Previous experience as a GM or site director you will have worked within a chilled or equally fast paced food manufacturing environment with an excellent understanding of the demands of working with retail customers.
- Of graduate calibre with exceptional senior management experience
- Strong analytical, organisational and decision making skills
- An empowering and inspirational management style with solid leadership skills focusing on coaching and mentoring
- Passionate about quality and able to demonstrate the ability to drive a team to achieve high standards and excellent levels of customer service
- A logical problem solver who will be able to prioritise and adapt workloads, to manage the business requirements
- Action orientated – able to make important decisions and get things done within business critical time lines.