Customer Category Development Manager - Meals
What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Cream Cheese with fantastic brands like Cadbury, Milka, Oreo and Philadelphia. We now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
We are looking for a Category Development Manager to leverage insights across the Cheese category, to lead and partner with customers and to drive category and Mondelez growth.
- Build trust, credibility and thought leadership with our customers, proactively driving mutually beneficial partnerships. Key responsibility for Asda, Sainsbury's and Waitrose.
- Responsible for bringing the 'Love Cheese' category vision to life in customers, creating a growth strategy for the retailer, the category and Mondelez.
- Develop and build a wide network of influence within the retailers to set the agenda and land category initiatives.
- Develop relationships aligned to, but separate from, the Account Managers.
- Utilise shopper and consumer insight to identify growth opportunities for both the retailer and Mondelez brands within the retailer.
- Be the voice of the customer internally to drive thought leadership from the external market back into the business to influence and shape the agenda.
- Support the Dairylea brand team as the category representative in strategic projects.
- Deliver range reviews to drive space, range and distribution targets.
- Support the wider category team in strategic projects such as category vision development and longer term strategy planning.
- Recommend the optimal retailer promotional plan balancing the needs of the shopper, the retailer and Mondelez.
- Extensive experience in an FMCG business, ideally within a blue-chip organisation.
- Considerable category management track record in either a branded or own label environment.
- Experience in managing major grocery retail customers.
- Self -starter who can proactively build and maintain strong relationships with key customers.
- Results driven, analytical individual with strong planning and presentation skills.
- A high degree of curiosity and a willingness to challenge and bring new ideas.
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills. We also offer fantastic career prospects and support successful team members to develop across a broad range business functions.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.