What makes working at Mondelēz International so special? Many things. The iconic brands and global nature of our business. The continuous innovation and endless opportunities to grow. The chance, each and every day, to put a smile on people’s faces. We’re the world’s leading maker of Chocolate, Biscuits, Candy and Gum with billion-dollar brands like Cadbury, Milka, Prince and Oreo and we now have an exciting opportunity to join our team.
Sheffield is home to some of the UK’s most iconic sweets brands: Maynards, Trebor and Bassett’s. It’s the largest sugar confectionery plant in the Mondelēz International network across Europe and produces approximately 40,000 tonnes of sweets each year.
This is a days based role, and reports directly to the Section Manager. The Line Leader will take full responsibility for leading both the routine operations aspect of the line and the drive for Operational Performance improvement using appropriate IL6S and TPM methodology (AM, PM, FI, 6Sigma).
The primary focus of the Line Leader will be to manage the activities of the Line on a daily, weekly, monthly basis, and beyond, taking both a shorter term tactical and a longer term strategic view. The Line Leader will have direct line responsibility for Line Operators, Line Process Engineers and Shift Technicians to enable the operation, maintenance and improvement programme to be progressed in their area. The Line Leader will have a strong relationship with the Section CI Engineer and Section Manager to ensure consistent Line performance and continuous improvement across shifts.
The primary focus of the Line Leader will be in the following key areas:
- Delivery of the Production Plans
- Team capability development
- Maintenance and Improvement activities
- Trials and Innovation
SAFETY, FOOD SAFETY AND THE ENVIRONMENT
- Accountable for ensuring the completion of near miss/incident reports and subsequent accident and environmental non-conformance investigations in the Line.
- Understand the importance of Line Safety Systems and develop the appropriate skill to become fully operational
- Understand the importance of behavioural safety training and develop the appropriate skills to become fully operational
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of 5S audits and using results to focus improvements in Workplace Organisation
- Understand and enforce site safety policies & rules
- Have awareness of energy utilisation and wastage around the Line.
- Line Leader will ensure that all aspects of quality on their Line are in accord with Site and Corporate quality procedures. They will ensure appropriate assistance is provided when quality incidents or non-conformances occur, that correct information is gathered to enable thorough Root Cause Analysis and that correct escalation procedures are followed
- Ensure successful achievement of performance targets (KPI’s) defined in the DMS scorecard for the Line
- Support the continuous improvement programme for Line using TPM tools and techniques such as FI and PDCA.
- Carry out regular reviews of line/area performance using loss capture system to identify top losses and give support, continuity and direction for action plans to prioritise the bigger losses.
- Ensure the appropriate allocation of resources to performance improvement activities
- Report current status of performance improvement activities at appropriate forums
- Support the administration the Line improvement budget and deploy expenditure appropriately to deliver improvement through PM, AM and FI.
- Assess Line costs regularly and establish cost reduction activities.
PEOPLE AND TEAMWORKING
- Lead and mentor Line Coordinators and their Line/Cluster Team groups
- Responsible for the recruitment and selection of new team members.
- Understand the company disciplinary/ grievance and other key procedures and fully implement HR policies related to team members and their activities.
- Conduct performance reviews in accordance with the defined procedure.
- Ensure T&D plans are appropriate for the Line Teams ensuring that skills and competency gaps are identified and addressed.
- Progress the decision making and technical capability of the Line Teams together with the behavioural competencies required to achieve High Performance Work Organisation
- Develop the team working and cohesion of the line technical team to create a unified and consistent unit embodying a standard of professionalism.
- Qualifications Candidate Requirements:
- Excellent knowledge of operational Health and Safety and Food Safety requirements.
- Knowledge and experience in food processes and products
- Good Knowledge of improvement methodologies
- Experienced in the use of Safety systems (BOS, QRP, Risk Assessment)
- Problem Solving skills
- Knowledge of continuous improvement processes and programmes.
- Interpersonal savvy / Understanding others
- Manufacturing experience
- Leading or coaching others
We pride ourselves on having a high performing and collaborative culture where we offer support and development to enhance your career and develop your knowledge and skills.
In return for your commitment, drive and enthusiasm, we offer an attractive benefits package within a highly successful International business that offers financial rewards and resources, including bonus scheme, contributory pension, life assurance, generous holiday allowance and a flexible benefits programme.