Bakery Team Leader
Are you already a Team Leader or supervisor, working in a fast-paced food manufacturing business or a key operative at the top of your game? Working as part of our manufacturing team at our Enfield bakery and supporting the Bakery Managers, you’ll be a strong people manager, capable of developing and engaging our teams.
Here at our Enfield Bakery, we are proud to be leading and developing a team at the cutting edge of innovation.
Our Team Leaders really do lead and inspire their team; we are looking for strong people management experience including experience of Performance Improvement, absence management and employee relations matters.
As part of the family and manufacturing team you’ll be encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at pace. We’re going on a journey of innovation and of continuous improvement and you’ll be ensuring that the team complies with quality, food safety and H&S standard as well as, identifying and initiating actions as required to produce the best quality product.
This is a great opportunity to recruit, manage and motivate your own team to ensure they personally achieve their goals and targets; with clear communication and clear processes in place, you’ll be able to example key successes in previous roles.
As a Bakery Team Leader you’ll be supporting and promoting a continuous improvement programmed to increase bakery efficiency, reduce damage and meet both functional and engagement performance criteria. Compliance with food safety policies and procedures (HACCP, BRC etc) in order to meet the all our visionary and functional requirements.
As “Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand” we have been baking bread since 1876. Today we are proudly a fifth generation family company supplying 18,500 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 15 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 25 Best Big Companies to work for. Family and values are what makes us different and we are a proud bunch. Join us and be proud to be Warburtons.
- Knowledge and experience of operating in a manufacturing environment – preferably food or FMCG, however not essential
- Health & Safety standards
- An understanding of food safety regulations – not essential
- Living our culture and values, the writing is on the wall, this is Warburtons! We believe in “The Warburton’s Way”
- Passionate about Quality and best practice whilst driving continuous improvement
- Continued personal development with an eye for developing and encouraging talent within your team
- Understanding of managing people and leading by example
And last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your bread’s worth;
- Ongoing personal development either sponsored or supported
- A slice of the annual profits
- Award winning pension plan
- Life Assurance
- Discount Vouchers / products
- Benefits for you and your family for example; discounted gym membership, child care vouchers, bike to work scheme