Location: Tower Bridge, London
Role: Full time, Monday to Friday 9 – 5
Salary: Up to £30,000 depending on experience
Rewards: 25 days holiday, 8% company contribution to pension, life cover
Reporting to: Product Development Manager
This is an exciting time at Divine Chocolate – we are growing our sales and increasing our presence globally, along with launching new innovations in our seasonal and core ranges. This position offers the opportunity to join Divine Chocolate at a key stage in its growth, having merged with our US sister company which has further consolidated our international status.
You would be joining a small energetic team running a successful ground-breaking and dynamic Social Enterprise which delivers real benefits to its farmer-owners and offers a real choice to chocolate lovers around the world.
To develop, from initial concept to launch, a range of products that taste amazing, look stunning, and delight our retailers and their customers. With support from the Product Development Manager you will take the creative lead on your own projects producing real innovation for the UK and international markets. You will become a brand guardian to the Divine product portfolio.
Reports to Product Development Manager.
You will be the brand guardian of our products, taking ownership of our portfolio whilst overseeing development of existing and new products that set Divine apart from the competition.
You will build on our relationship with suppliers with an effective collaborative approach to ensure the smooth running of product launches, within time and budget constraints.
No day will be the same whether you will be completing market analysis, guiding on creative design, sourcing innovative packaging or renovating existing lines. This is a chance to get stuck in to an end to end NPD process whilst making a real difference in a small team.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand the market, using appropriate consumer insight and market analysis to identify key trends and buying behaviours.
- Identify opportunities for Divine to grow sales in both seasonal and all year round ranges, including identifying potential partnerships and collaborations.
- Recommend changes to the existing range and NPD, and develop detailed concepts to brief to suppliers, including a focus on Fairtrade ingredients.
- Be the Divine brand guru, ensuring the correct execution of the brand across all new products and packaging design, leading with your creativity.
- Develop artwork for packaging in-house where appropriate, including packaging mock ups.
- Work with Marketing and 3rd party designers to deliver impactful packaging designs.
- Stay up to date with product and labelling legislation and regulations, ensuring our packaging complies with all requirements within the relevant territories.
- Assess each product following launch to understand initial performance and identify successes and areas for further development.
- Lead on consumer testing of new products, working with the Marketing Director to obtain consumer insights, complete commercial feasibility studies, and understand buying behaviours and trends.
- Communicating effectively and taking full ownership of areas of the NPD process in which you take the lead role.
- Build a highly effective partnership with the Product Development Manager, taking an active part in the decision-making process within the NPD Department.
- Utilise project management techniques efficiently to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget and to the upmost quality.
- 3rd party management and cost negotiation.
- A keen eye for detail, gold standard completion of all relevant NPD technical data including product specifications.
- Work with external certification bodies, such as Fairtrade, on a regular basis.
- Build strong relationships with international teams including USA and Sweden.
- Support new supplier sourcing and set up.
Working the Divine way
- Collaborate effectively with the other teams within Divine, ensuring stakeholders are consulted and kept informed of developments.
- Create a culture of continuous improvement, looking for opportunities to work more effectively and efficiently both with internal and external stakeholders.
Essential skills and knowledge:
- High level of numeracy, with the ability to use spreadsheets and formulae to analyse and present data
- Able to produce presentations of a high standard to company leadership and Board using Word or Powerpoint as appropriate
- Experience of developing food product ranges (ideally confectionery) for a brand or retailer own label, working directly with 3rd party manufacturers.
- Food technology qualification, with experience of managing factories and working on continuous quality and process improvements.
- Packaging expertise
- You will fully embody and role model Divine values: Respect, Ownership, Teamwork, Creativity.
- You relish working in a small company.
- Enthusiastic about chocolate, Fairtrade and the role Divine can play in empowering small scale farmers, positively influence “conventional business” and give consumers real choices.
- Personable, with excellent partnership skills
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send the following 3 documents to through the apply function, by Midday on Friday 11th January:
- Covering letter
- 200 words about Fairtrade
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.