Multi Skilled Technician/ Engineer
Headquartered in London, Mars Food is dedicated to providing better food today and a better world tomorrow. We seek to make everyday meals healthier, easier, more affordable and tastier, and to serve more communities responsibly. We employ roughly 2,000 Associates and have 12 manufacturing sites. Our 13 leading food brands are available in more than 30 countries, and include one billion-dollar brand, UNCLE BEN’S®, which is more than 70 years old.
We are currently looking for multi skilled shift technicians to join our maintenance team to help support the shift technical team. This is a high calibre role where the technician needs to be able to fault find and problem solve on a broad range of equipment and situations, including mechanical, electrical and software breakdowns. You will be responsible for resolving technical engineering issues in a high volume production environment where keeping the plant running safely is the prime objective.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for planned maintenance tasks scheduled by the day engineers and opportunities for CI work driven by the job holder.
- Small-scale improvement projects and initiatives, from conception through to completion, working closely with the relevant people across operations, reliability, engineering, Site Quality and Food Safety, R&D, safety and commercial.
- Self-manage yourself and situations within the busy shift environment, working safely at all times. You will be responsible for keeping your listed activity training up to date and identifying skill shortages.
- Communication is key at all stages, especially when there are ongoing issues, talking with, and gaining co-operation from operators, team leaders and days engineering in organising and carrying out the maintenance and improvement activities. They should be competent in using SAP, Email and other relevant systems effectively, to bring a level of professionalism to the communication process.
- Be a technical mentor for other employees in order to raise the standard and self-sufficiency of the team, passing on key knowledge.
To do this role you will need:
- Strong engineering background including completion of a recognised apprenticeship.
- ONC/HNC level in an electrical engineering discipline and a sound mechanical aptitude.
- Proven working knowledge of 415v distribution, Motor control, PLC software, Process control philosophies. Experience of pneumatics & hydraulics would be an advantage. Must have competent working knowledge of a broad range of Electro mechanical devices.
- Experience with plant services and utilities including compressed air, steam, process cooling system, process hot water systems etc.
- A good working knowledge of H&S regulations, and preferably accreditation to NEBOSH or equivalent.
- Must be computer literate and able to master our internal software packages.
In return, we offer:
- Great career progression
- Range of in-house training opportunities
- Competitive salary, bonus and range of large company benefits
We know it’s important to you to find out as much about us as possible, so following a review of your CV the first stage will be a telephone interview with the hiring manager and a chance for you to ask lots of questions. If successful you will be invited to an interview day in front of our panel. Don’t worry you’ll have plenty of time to prepare.